- Know the animals that appear in the course, and read the English names of the animals;
- Use tools such as “job board” to make a creative manuscript;
- Like to participate in group activities, willing to express.
01 Scene introduction
➤The Animal Kingdom is going to hold a portrait competition, you can ask people to help, but the entries must be the images of the animals themselves. As long as you are rated as excellent, you will get the opportunity to travel abroad. For this reason, the animals are busy.
➤But many animals can’t draw. The duckling painted his feathers blue like an alien duck. The donkey wanted to paint himself more handsomely, but the finished painting looked like a horse. It’s not a big deal, if you see a self-portrait of a tiger and think it’s a cat.
➤The animals are crying in anxiety, they really want to travel. How to do it? Are the children willing to help them?
02 Knowing animals
➤Kids guess, where are the animals? In the token, let’s work together to find out the little animals.
➤Which animals participate in the portrait competition?
There are animal words: Bird, Camel Cat Chameleon, Chick, Chimpanzee, Crab, Dog, Dolphin, Donkey, Duck, Elephant, Fish, Fox, Goat, Gorilla, Horse, Iguana, Koala, Leopard, Lion, Lobster, Mouse, Octopus, Orangutan, Owl, Penguin, Pig, Rabbit, Rhinoceros, Rooster, Shark, Sheep, Snake, Squirrel, Tiger, Toad, Whale.
➤Click to hear the name, and the children will read it along.
03 Using the work board to draw animals
➤There are so many small animals, which one do you want to help? Ask the children to select the “Restart” button in the toolbox, and all the animals will be hidden. Where are they hiding? Still in the token.
➤ Now let’s help with baby animal portraits. Learn to use the Job Board with your teacher.
1) Ask each child to find an animal you want to draw, and then find out the work board, adjust the size and position.
2) Choose a pen: You can see that there are two kinds of pens in the toolbar on the left side of the work board: pen and pencil. It is a bit different from the pens we usually use. We choose a color and try to draw with these two kinds of pens. We find that the color drawn by the pencil is lighter and the color drawn by the pen is darker.
3) Select the nib size: You can also choose the nib size, there are 5 types from small to large. If not adjusted, the default size is the second on the left. Adjust the size of the pen tip, which is convenient for us to draw lines and paint large areas.
4) Adjust the color of the brush: the color of the brush is very rich, click on the color wheel and you will see three circles of color selection areas. The outer circle is color, the middle circle is black, white, gray gradient, and the circle closest to the center is color gradient.
Children can adjust the color they like arbitrarily. There are multiple colors in each small grid of the gradient color, such as purple, the one near the blue is dark purple, the one near the red is purple, and the one in the middle is another. kind of purple.
5) Transparent background: The box has a transparent background. After selection, the background of the drawn picture is transparent and can be used together with the content in the courseware. For example, use the work board to hand-write the name of the animal, and “print” it into an electronic picture that can be dragged onto the animal.
6) Select the background color: In addition to the transparent background, there are also black, white, gray, and colored backgrounds to choose from, just like the method of adjusting the color of the brush.
7) After understanding the use of the working board, we can start to draw. You can create freely, or you can drag the animal into the work board, and draw according to its body shape, lines, and colors.
8) After drawing, click the first button in the upper right corner to “print” the picture as an electronic picture, click the second button in the upper right corner to take out the original animal picture, and better observe the drawn picture. If you are not satisfied, Animals can be dragged into the work board again to modify the drawing accordingly.
➤Now invite the children to draw a portrait of an animal!
04 Create a creative document
➤After the drawing is finished, it is time to participate in the competition! Entries have requirements and need to be placed in a creative manuscript. Children can find creative documents in the toolbox, put animals in the small camera position, and put animal portraits in another large position.
➤You can also use the keyboard tool to output the animal’s name, or use the work board to adjust the transparent background color and handwrite the animal’s name. Place the name above the creative sheet. You can also ask the teacher to help you complete the text input.
05 Share animal knowledge
With entries ready, we also need to present our work. Invite the children to use creative manuscripts and take turns to share with the group the animal you drew, its name, its body color, and what you know about it.
➤ (Give suggestions, encouragement and praise to the children’s paintings and the cooperation of each group in the activity.)
➤The animals are very grateful to the children, and boast that you are all good children who are willing to help others! With the help of the children, the entries of the animals were rated as excellent, and they can travel happily!
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us
3rd Floor, Building 18, Hengqin Macau Youth Entrepreneurship Valley, Zhuhai
Wechat public account: